A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Social widgets

The FRUITS of our SPIRIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The FRUITS of our SPIRIT

Post by Susan on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:14 pm

I had a little dreamlet and as I was waking up from a nap this afternoon..

I saw before me several types of fruit. I was standing on a stage, and I was holding an apple, and showing our Church members it. I began to speak about this fruit. It was a rather round fruit, often had a thin peeling that was easily removed, and if you cut the fruit a certain way, you would see the seeds form a star in the center. It has a core and sometimes the stem is still attached to it. The apple is an inviting fruit, which is often sweet, but a few varieites are sour. I began to explain that each piece of fruit can represent our own FRUITS of the SPIRIT. Then I invited invited each congregation member, one by one, to come up and pick a fruit and share who this fruit reminded them of and why. One member picked up a banana, and began to share that the color was always bright and inviting, easily handled and always sweet to taste. But sometimes thie banana could become bruised, and would be discarded. Another member came up and picked up an orange, and said that the skin is orange and inviting. It was sometimes a little hard to get past the outward appearnce and get to the decidant fruit inside, which burst your taste buds, with its refreshing flavor. Someone came up and picked up a grape, and said that it was small and oval, and sometimes had a dark thin skin, or it may have a light skin. Sometimes it contained seed, and sometimes it was seedless. The fruit was also very inviting and full of flavor. Then someone picked up a pineapple. This fruit has a tough skin, and it can prick you if you aren't careful. It takes time to get to the meat of this fruit, because the skin is so thick. But once you get the outer skin off, you find a fruit bursting with sweet flavor! Another person came forward, and picked up a coconut. This fruit has one of the hardest shells, and it often has to be cracked, inorder to get to its fruit. The fruit is two-fold. It contains both the milk and the meat, that is sweet and nurishing. There were a few other fruits that were mentioned and talked about. When there were only a few fruits left, and I asked our Pastor to share a word about these fruits. One fruit was a raisen. A raisen is a fruit that once was a grape, but as it dries and ages, it becomes wrinkled, and looks a little weathered. But it still holds the succulent flavor that bursts forth when you eat it. Then there is the prune. It is a dried plum, whick at one time had a tender skin, and a mellow fruity flesh inside. Over time, the plum began to age and dry out. It looks much like a raisen in appearnece, but it is much larger in size, and it is one of the least liked fruits, because of its smell and taste. It often has to be boiled and softened, in order to eat, and some may even have to add a bit of sugar, to make it more appealing, but this fruit, has one important thing that it does for us, when we eat it. It cleans out our system of all the sludge and gunk that we don't need. The closing point; is that each fruit has a purpose and it didn't matter much how distasteful or seemingly useless it had become.

The Pastor closed with a reading from the WORD, about our SPIRITUAL FRUITS...

End of dreamlet.

In the BIBLE we know that there are certian FRUITS of the SPIRIT.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

While looking up more on the Fruits of the Spirit, I came accross ths website, and thought that it was well done, in teaching and presenting the FRUITS of the SPIRIT.

What kind of fruit do yu have in your basket? (turn up the volume, as you read and meditate on each fruit of the Spirit:

[url="http://www.b4prayer.org/fruit_of_the_spirit.htm"]http://www.b4prayer.org/fruit_of_the_spirit.htm[/url]

Lastly, notice that there was no rotten fruits mentioned, in this dreamlet. But, I do want to address, what the WORD says about being unfruitful:

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

PRAISE the LORD, for the FRUITS of the SPIRIT! AMEN. cheers

Psalms 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

I use the KJV Bible, unless otherwise noted.
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5651
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top